Sports Injury Rehabilitation, Recovery & Return to Sports
What is a sports injury?
The term “sports injury” refers to the kinds of injuries that most commonly occur during sports or exercise.
Are sports injuries limited to athletes?
No. They are not limited to athletes.
What are the broad common risk factors for sports injuries?
- Lack of correct exercise techniques.
- Lack of proper programming
- Lack of sufficient sleep and recovery
- Being overweight for a given sports
- Lack of supportive strength and conditioning program.
- Playing the same sport year-round.
- Running or jumping on hard surfaces.
- Wearing shoes that are worn off or ill-fitting shoes
- Lack of proper equipment.
- Having had a prior injury.
What is overtraining?
- Training too often
- Training too frequently
- Training for too long
What are the common sports injuries and symptoms?
Human Body Map
Please click on the different body parts to learn more.
What technology at BILD Exercise Clinic can be used for sports injury recovery?
As per the need, one or more of the following technologies might be used in treating sports injuries at BILD Exercise Clinic.
What happens during consultation at BILD Exercise Clinic?
- The doctor will examine the patient.
- A detailed history regarding the onset and progression of symptoms will be noted.
- A record of previous treatments tried will be noted.
- Strength differences of different muscles around the joint will be analysed.
- Previous reports (if any) such as MRI, and X-rays will also be seen and discussed.
What questions to expect from your doctor?
The doctor may ask some of the following questions:
- Where exactly does it hurt?
- Since when have you had this problem?
- What was the trigger or nature of injury (if applicable) for the beginning of pain?
- How would you describe the pain and associated symptoms?
- What are the previous treatment modalities tried by you?
- How does the pain affect your sleep and life?
How to prepare for your consultation with the doctor?
- Wear comfortable clothes.
- Don’t consume painkillers (at least 12 hours before) while coming for consultation. Painkillers mask the symptoms and interfere with understanding of symptoms.
- Bring all the previous reports, investigations, and medication prescriptions. It is NOT necessary to have investigations or tests to be done before.
- Write down all your questions on paper or on a mobile phone that you want to ask the doctor.
- It is always useful to bring a companion with you during consultation.
What are the goals of the exercise treatment at BILD Exercise Clinic?
- Delay or reverse the further progression of symptoms.
- Decrease in pain and stiffness.
- Improve muscle strength & stability
- Improve function
- Improve the quality of play
As with any medical or exercise intervention the outcome varies from patient to patient.
Which technology might be used (as per the need) at BILD Exercise Clinic?
The selection of technology and exercise protocol is determined by the doctor.
What kind of treatment is NOT offered at BILD Exercise Clinic?
- Painkillers or Anti-inflammatory medications
- Vitamin supplements
- Ointments and creams of any kind
- Any other pharmacological/drug treatment
- Hormonal Therapy or injectables of any kind
- Intra-joint injections of any kind
- Surgery of any kind
How to reach BILD Exercise Clinic OPD at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital?
- Reach the Super Speciality Building (SS building/new building) lobby/main entrance before time. Wheelchairs are available in the lobby and parking for needy patients. Click here for the Google map location of BILD Exercise Clinic.
- Parking is available based on availability. You can prefer public transport such as bus, auto-rickshaw, cab or taxi.
- If you are not registered as a patient and appearing for the first time as a patient at Deenanath Mangeshkar Hospital then try to come at least 15 minutes before the appointment time to complete the simple registration process at the ground floor reception of the super specialty building.
- Get an OPD entry pass (for patients) and an attendant pass at the ground-floor reception.
- Choose appropriate lifts (life no.1,2,3 ) at the ground floor to reach BILD Exercise Clinic OPD on the 11th floor.
- Depending upon patient numbers some waiting period is expected. Comfortable sitting, clean drinking water, a book reading section, clean toilets, changing rooms, and a cafeteria (on the ground floor and seventh floor) are available at your service.
Book your appointment. Send WhatsApp message, SMS or give a call at 8149387706. Landline number- 020-49154101 / 4122